did you have any complaints about the hospital where you had your baby?

lovebunny82709

Asked by lovebunny82709 at 10:03 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• personally I loved the hospital and all of the nurses where I delivered, but I know other people that had major complaints.

Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:06 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• oh yeah...i started out in a military hospital and after i sent in my complaint 2 nurses could no longer work in L&D and the doctor lost rank....It was SO BAD!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:06 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• no..i really liked all my nurses, they were very willing to bend over backwards for me (or any other patient), and my doc was great! she came in and delivered my dd even though she wasn't on call that night.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 10:08 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• None - I had all 5 of my kids at the same hospital and had wonderful experiences each time!

Answer by missanc at 10:16 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Too many to count! It was the worst night of my life. I had to have a C/Section. 1.)They put the catheter in wrong and insisted it was in right. As a result it was terribly painfull everytime I had a wee. My gynae reinserted it correctly after the surgery because I insisted. 2.)I had to ask the male nurse not to shave me and to leave the room-pronto!. The actual procedure was fine but the care was awful. 3.) I never recieved anything to eat, even though you can 4 hours after sugery. 4.) I had to beg for my painkillers and even then, the nurse would only respond about 30mins later. 5.)Because of the surgery, the baby stays in the nursery the first night. I woke up at 2 in the morning to Screaming. I got up (nearly fainted, wasn't spose to walk yet.) and found my LO crying from hunger. When I looked for a nurse she was in another room SLEEPING. I was supposed to stay in for 3 days. I signed myself out the day after my delivery
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 10:19 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• The 1st hospital was ok...it was the dr I had a problem with. My baby was ready to come into the world and the nurses called to tell her and she had them make me sit up the entire time we waited for her so he wouldn't be born without her "helping". Her helping ended up with her cutting an episiotomy without warning me or numbing me up (I got there too late for pain meds).

The 2nd hospital kept taking my baby back to the nursery for different things and not bring her back for hours at a time. Which would have been ok...except she was breastfed so they by the time they brought her back the poor dear was starving and was too frustrated to latch on. >.<
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:21 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• A shitton. Which is why I had the last one at a birth center.

NO ONE tells me that my baby can't sleep in the room with me, or feeds him something without my consent.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:35 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• The exterior desing of the hospital. The windows had carved swirly cement pieces covering the windows. I felt so trapped. It was a horrible feeling.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:39 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I don't have any complaints but my SO and family have a ton starting with the fact that there wasn't a waiting room on the floor where I was delivering via emergency c-section. The nurses wouldn't let my SO take our DD to the nursery by himself even though he was banded just like we were, and when he took her to the nursery b/c I needed some sleep and I was on pain meds and he needed to go home to check on our pets, she was brought back to us less than 30 min later b/c she was crying and disturbing the other baby in the nursery. The list from my family could go on a while.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:45 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Not a single one!! It was an amazing place to have a baby and they treated me like a queen :) I had all 3 babies in the same hospital and it was great each time. The last birth was very traumatic and they were incredible!!! Took such great care of me - and my family too. Of course there's always that ONE nurse who has to ruin your day.... :p

mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:50 AM on Oct. 29, 2010