????Moving????

My fiance wants to pack up our family and move us 30 some odd hours away from my home I live in mississippi and I have my hole life and he wants to move me to Maine. He don't have a job anymore here because the contract ran out so he decided it would be good to move he has family there but I don't. My 3 year old knows my family here and he would be so sad moving. I want to stay here where i'm comftable what should I do? He is hell bent on moving if he left I wouldn't not have any money he would take it all and I have no job either. HELP

jessesmama22

Asked by jessesmama22 at 10:19 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Travel

• if he's your only source of income, and you love him, move. if you don't love him, and you can make it on someone else's income (tax payers?? family??), then break it off, and stay home.
    you have two choices.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:35 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• well my dh is in the army so my whole life is following him around the world. the first move was 20 hours away from my family, and right now there is a whole ocean and the whole united states between my family and I. You have to decide I guess who do you love more? Your fiance or your family? are you ready to start your life with this man, or stay in the past with you family? think of it as an amazing adventure.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:59 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I can't say what YOU should do, but I can tell you what I would do if that was my situation. I would move, assuming he has a good job there and a decent/nice place for us to live. It may even be better for him to go ahead of time and prepare the job and home for you and the kids to come later. I would also want the understanding you woulod go home at least 1-2x a year and that has to be written in the budget.

Why Maine?
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 12:37 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Moving away from family and the life you know is very hard. Moving from the south to the north is very hard. But it can be done. I've done it several times in my adult life and lived to tell the tale.

You two aren't married. To me that's a red flag. I don't need an answer, but if I was going to change my whole life for a man, I would have to be married to him, not just engaged.

Does he have a job waiting for him in Maine? Will you be able to get a job, too? Will you be able to come back to visit a couple times a year? Will there be cousins for your child to play with? Maybe a church group with kids? Where will you live? These are some questions you need answers to before the move.

If this is what you want, you can do this. If this is not what you want, you can do what you need to do. You are strong enough to make the decision you need to make and live with the results of it.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:43 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• IM SORRY IF IT WAS ME I WOULDNT MOVE FAMILY IS IMPORTANT FOR KIDS. I ALSO WOULDNT MOVE AND LEAVE MY SELF MILES AWAY DEPENDING ON SOMEONE ELSE TO MAKE THE MONEY ESPECIALLY IF I WAS NOT MARRIED AND DIDN'T KNOW A SOUL WHERE I WAS GOING FOR JUST IN CASE PURPOSE
    gianna530

Answer by gianna530 at 10:39 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I'm in exactly the same situation. I was born and raised in Utah, this is everything I know, and my fiance wants me to pack everything up and move to his university in Canada. His family isn't even there, and he'd be working and going to school so much that I'd be pretty much entirely alone the whole time...I'd never see him...Idk. what to do either :(..
    MillieJ

Answer by MillieJ at 1:19 PM on Nov. 4, 2010