Do you think I was being selfish?

On my kids birthday they can have what ever dinner they want, it is a family tradition-just family eats I have 5 in my family plus thier father which makes six. Then we have cake. Family tradition.

My neighbors were invited for cake I think my kids invited them because normally it is just family-**remind you we are having her birthday party at another location in November, and everyone is invited.
My x bought dinner for us, and their two aunts came over so Pizza for everyone. Do you think I was wrong for not inviting them for pizza? We just couldn't afford to feed 3 more people.

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 10:19 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Entertainment

• I don't think it's rude at all. I have been invited to people's houses for cake or dessert but not to dinner. Even if you could afford it and didn't want to invite them I still don't think it would be rude, family time is important.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• no, its your family. You can have one with them later if the kids want.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:22 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Your house, you set the rules.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• My x is there father, and I didn't invite anyone. I didn't want to be rude and say no when she told her daughter you will not go down stairs for her birthday tomorrow... I don't think the mom knew it was just family.
    KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 10:21 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Please remember you are the queen of your castle.It is your perogative to do what you want.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• If you can't afford it, you can't afford it. Invitations are optional, not obligatory. If they were invited for cake, then they should have shown up at cake time. If they arrive early, I think that is rude.

DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 2:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2010