spaghetti sauce recipe

I want to make homemade spaghetti sauce. Does anyone have a tasty and not (time consuming) recipe they would want to share? I dont like Chunky sauce either LOL.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Food & Drink

• When my grandma makes hers she would put a few tomatos in a blender this way it wasnt chunky then add things like basil, garlic thyme, and oragno(sp?)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:23 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• real spaghetti sauce is naturally chunky unless you're going to run it through a blender...in which case it would be very runny.
    Do you want real "I made it from veggies" or real "I made it from cans of tomato sauce/paste and added stuff"?
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 10:24 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• well considering I have a 16mth old and I also work full time what ever will be easier.
    Brittnayshankle

Answer by Brittnayshankle at 10:29 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I would definitely suggest the "from the can" one then..its what my mom always did. Take you beef and brown it, add 1 huge can of tomato sauce, 2 regular cans of tomato paste and then whatever other veggies you like (mushrooms, green/red peppers, olives, onion, diced tomato, I've heard of a lot of different stuff) and then add your spices (garlic, oregano, basil, maybe a light italian seasoning mix, and fennel seeds) and let it simmer on low while you boil your water and cook your noodles. By the time the noodles are done, you'll have a nicely mix sauce....just don't forget to stir it, the air bubbles will make it pop and get all over if you don't, lol.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 10:36 AM on Oct. 28, 2010