How much do you spend on your kids for christmas

I have a 16mth old girl and 7 yr old step son. I love to have the tree full of gifts for the kids but I dont want to spend a fortune. I want them to know the real meaning of christmas but to also get to have presents. How much would you spend? I know my step son has 5 christmas' between his mom, stepdads family and ours. My daughter just has us.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• not as much as i used to. In fact, less as they get older
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:26 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• It depends on how much money we have...but usualy no more then 50...we just dont have the money to spend that much. This year we are getting 3 things for DS who is 17months old now. Then DH is getting one thing for me and i am getting one thing for him. I would like to be able to get so much more but we just dont have the money this year.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:29 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I think we will be spending around $60 for our 2 yo. Her "big" gift will cost us $30 and I will purchase a bunch of little stuff from places like the dollar stores, thrift stores and garage sales.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:29 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I spend more on my kids as they age. When they are little, they are more than happy with just a couple of toys. As they get older their toys are more expensive (bikes, dsi, etc.) For my 2 year old and my 4 month old we will probably spend around $50. For my 9 and 10 year old we'll spend more like $150, and for my 13 year old around $100 (he has autism and very limited interests).
    They also have Christmas at my parents, my inlaws, and the older 3 have Christmas at their biodad's too.

Answer by missanc at 10:30 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• The last couple of years I've spent about $20 each for their big gift, and about another $10 for stocking stuffers. I wish I could spend $50 each. Oh well. They get other stuff too from other family parties, but not a whole lot. They know the true Reason for the season, which is all that really matters. I'm just glad I can afford something and don't have to rely on angel trees or anything like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• We'll spend $400 to $500!!! I save all year for it!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• My daughters are 5.. Depends on what they ask Santa to bring!! But I don't mind spending money on Christmas presents.
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 10:43 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• We just have the one kid. We spend about $500. I buy stuff year round

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I have a 7 year old, 5 year old and one on the way.

We have 300.00 for all of them. Baby will probably get a couple of things....needed items...

We aren't too sticked on money spent really. I try to keep the gifts to a average medium....not go too overboard.

We also pick a couple of gift charities to pick out a few toys for....my kids do this :) :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:50 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Too much!! But I try to get one big present to center everything around and then get other stuff to fill up the tree. They're only young for so long and I want to make memories that will last a lifetime.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 10:50 AM on Oct. 28, 2010