How can I make my apartment more like a home?

We are moving to an apartment soon and I would like to make it feel like a home. Any tips on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Use all of the stuff you used in your old place for decorating. There is always an adjustment to when you move and every place you move to should feel like home.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:30 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• not sure how would be decorated any differently than you would in a single family house, other than its size and floorplan. It IS your home
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:31 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Home is where your heart is.

If your family is there, then adding your own stuff will make it your home...

Good luck!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:32 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• If your asking more like, how do I make a place I rent feel homey, then I have the same issue. Cant paint, gotta be careful where you put pictures up that kinda thing. But if its YOUR apartment then decorate to your hearts content, change fixtures do what you gotta do to feel better. In my new house I am renting I am putting up curtains and looking for some crafty wall art to hang..Im just working 1 room at a time so I dont feel too overwhelmed!!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:05 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Pictures - use the 3M Command hooks and strips to hang things.  They pull off completely cleanly!  You can use spring rods to hang curtains.  You can use throw rugs and afghans to warm things up.  Have fun and remember even though it is an apartment - it IS home.

The link takes you to a printable coupon.  

http://www.command.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/NACommand/Command/?WT.srch=1&WT.mc_id=SE_exact_3m-command&gclid=COm6j7bt9aQCFQo65QodnD4Njw

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:19 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Pictures!!
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Family photos for sure. I would try to have as many of the personal things that you like in your home now, set up in the new apartment. That will make it feel like home very quickly.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:48 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Even if you can't paint, you COULD consider putting up vinyl border paper which can be taken down easily without damaging the walls, and tapestries, picture collages (paint and glue together a bunch of pictures in various sizes and hang with two picture hangers, a large mirror (to make it feel larger), and I recommend a large wall unit or a series of decorative bookshelves that fills the longest wall in your living room, so you can display all of your decorative pieces just like you did at home.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:19 PM on Oct. 30, 2010