How do you balance your role as a wife and mother?

I have noticed that I am always "revamping" how to balance my position in our home to make sure that my husband and daughter both receive the love and attention they both need from me. Please share you thoughts...

MrsJStearns

Asked by MrsJStearns at 10:42 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I think its a on going process. Life changes a lot and with those changes we have to adapt.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 10:47 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Its hard because my fiance use to get jealous over my 3 year old by the way my 3 year old isn't his son I got with my fiance with my 3 year old was only 2 months old...But he isn't that way anymore he loves him so I still do feel sometimes that I spend alot of time being a mother but not so much time being a fiance/wife to him.
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 11:04 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I too constantly re-evaluate pretty much everything that goes on, because everybody's needs change moment to moment. I don't always completely succeed either, something always gets forgotten or shuttled to the bottom of the list. It's frustrating at times, because sometimes it feels like I'm doing all the work!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:38 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Its like normal operating procedure to me. Making sure that my husband and the kids are getting my attention are top priority in my home but then when I'm giving them all the attention I"m neglecting myself...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• It is hard to change from role to role. Being a parent changes everything....no going back. LOL It helps, if you and your husband can have date night, or just sometime together alone.
    colepip2

Answer by colepip2 at 12:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Thanks so much for all of your comments. It always comforts me to know that I am not the only one having to change things up to keep a great balance!! Thanks again!!
    MrsJStearns

Comment by MrsJStearns (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Oct. 29, 2010