Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

I want to separate from my husband we own a home where to start?

I want to separate from my husband. We own a home together but I need to be away from him and just living in the house w/ him while we divorce will not work because he will try to verbablly manipulate me. I need to go someone for three months to figure out what I want. Right now I do not want to be married to him anymore. It makes me horrible sad. I feel as though someone is dying. Please help as I do not know how to get my ducks in order for all of this.

Answer Question

Asked by PatricksMama07 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Relationships

Level 6 (146 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • I think you should see a lawyer ASAP who can properly advise you in the Divorce laws of your state. I think that the bank account you both share is the first thing to address. I have no experience in this though but good luck.

    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:48 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

  • legal counsel. Not us

    Answer by Zoeyis at 10:51 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

  • Sweet heart I don't know how to tell you to handle this because i'm kinda going threw a simalar thing myself...Maybe you could go to stay with you friends or family for a couple of days or months like you said.

    Answer by jessesmama22 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

  • Before you do anything, consult an attorney. The attorney can instruct you in your best may have kids, and like you said property...depending on the laws of your state, you should definitely seek counsel before you do anything that may hurt you in the end.

    Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:27 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.