what are others ways of getting pregnant?

i'm 19 years old and me and my boyfriend has been trying to get pregnant for about a year now and no luck what should i do? are there other options? i need help with this

crystal1103

Asked by crystal1103 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• sex

IVF invirto fertilization (they take out the eggs and fertilize them then reinsert them in your uterus)

IUI (intro uteran incimination they put the sperm in your uterus, this more for sperm donors when the father doesn't produce sperm)

the options other than sex cost a LOT of money though.
    Anonymous

• honestly, i would wait. you're still really young. go to college or find a good stable job doing anything. make a stable life for your baby to come into.
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• ok the fact that your not married tells me you shouldn't be making babies. thank god your not pregnant and haven't been. he can leave you at anytime and most men scram when a baby is on the way. i wouldn't chance it and i would get a real commitment from him first. there is so much in life that you would be missing out on when your young and you have lots more time to come to get prego later. i'm sorry i'm prude and old fashion. don't have babies with bf's. bad idea.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:13 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• im having a baby with my boyfriend and this pregnancy has done nothing but bring us closer. . . I really do not see the point of being married to have a child yes it's the "right" thing to do but just because someone isnt married isnt a reason to bust on them for wanting a child. . . there are people in this world not married who would prob. make better parents than people who are married . . .
    ah2590

Answer by ah2590 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• yes some people never get married and stay together for a lifetime.if you want a child and can afford the responsibility of it then i say go ahead.I have a daughter with my boyfriend and we are very much in love and commited. so people will say what they say but your life your choice!marriage is a piece of paper through the state.Real love is what matters.Caring,compassion,Trust,Honesty and love are what relationships should be.not a piece of paper.now don't get me wrong i'm all for the getting married thing or marriage But there are people who don't.
    ilovemylilymae

Answer by ilovemylilymae at 5:48 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Perhaps this is sign that this is just not the right time for you to have a baby. I know it sounds so wonderful and when you are with someone you love it seems like the right thing to do. I was married at 21 and had my son at 22. I was older than you and I can honestly say that as much as I love my son I wish so hard that I had had more time with just my husband and me. Having a baby really does change everything. I know that sounds cliche... but it's true. It changes how you feel about yourself , it changes how you feel about each other, It changes the whole direction of your life, You no longer have the freedom you have before having a child.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• We would get invited to do such fun things like clubs, dinners parties and movies and not be able to go. You can't take a baby with you and sitters are expensive. You are very young and have so much time have fun for a few more years then have a baby. You have to option to have a baby for many years you only get to go out and be crazy with your friends for a few short years. I'm not saying you shouldn't or aren't ready to have a baby just that you still have a lot of youth you could live up and should. You may not miss it right away but you will miss it. I wish you the best and hope you take some time to really think things out.
    But_Mommie

• i KNOW she is young

But i did want a child at 19 years old and it TOOK me and MY BOYFRIEND, 7 YEARS, to have our child
    we did indeed have a hard time conceieving,

It was been 2 years since we had our first,
    and now we are having number two,
    and we are now married,

I dont understand why others would say ..your not married you dont need a child thank godddd your not already knocked up and prego because why she doesnt have a ring on her finger and because she doesnt have a peice of paper saying she is claimed by some man?

THE BEATLES SAID IT PERFECTLY

LOVE IS ALL YOU NEED!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:11 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Its stupid to say you need to be married. Give the girl a break why doubt that she is in committed and loving relationship? Plenty of people aren't married and have and raise children together and they are perfectly happy. Love IS all you need. Not a document stating you are legally bound. That said, I am absolutely for marriage, I can't wait to get married to my S/O but it just hasn't been the right time. But it isn't necessary. To me marrrying him is just one more way to show our commitment to each other. But we don't need it. For God's sake we conceived a child together the 3rd time we ever had sex. Obviously that baby girl was meant to be here and we are meant to be together. He completes me honestly and truly.
    jltorres87

Answer by jltorres87 at 1:15 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• As someone who got pregnant with their BF and then he took off leaving me to be pregnant and have and raise a child on my own, I recommend getting married first. However, if you are one of the fortunate ones that that doesnt happen to and you have one of those decent men, then more power to you! I have been fortunate enough to find my SO who has been with me since DD was 6 months old and we want one, but I really would like to be married first this time so as not to put myself into that situation. Another thing from experience....Educate yourself and get a Good job. It is so hard to provide for a child without an education. Best of luck!
    Kelly_n_Payton

Answer by Kelly_n_Payton at 11:51 AM on Oct. 31, 2008