can i block a number from texting on verizon for free?

sammyjoG

Asked by sammyjoG at 11:12 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Entertainment

• I think you can. Go to verizon.com and I believe there is a link called Parental Control and that should help you to block numbers or features and set restrictions. If that doesn't help call customer service, I had issues with my boys and had contacted them and they were of assistance.
    jtcr4boyz

Answer by jtcr4boyz at 11:17 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• If you have Verizon prepaid, you can't. But if you have a postpaid monthly plan then follow the Parental Control advice above.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:18 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Yes, it's on their website and you can block up to 5 numbers from contacting you in any way for free. It's a pain to find, and you have to skip through other tabs and subheadings to get to it, but once you do, bookmark it. (it's under Usage Controls, look for a hyperlink that says "block numbers")
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:18 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• YES! Call verizon they will do it over the phone. At least I know you can block calls Im sure you can block text too.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:18 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I had this problem one time. I called them up and they said they can block a number temporarily for about three months but that was it. They said that was usually enough time for the person to get the hint and stop calling. The only other option is to block all text messages.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2010