I have a question for a muslim woman...

I heard someone talking about the "reward" of 75 virgins for good muslim men when they reach Heaven, what do muslim women get? I know I wouldn't want 75 male virgins..LOL!
Seriously though... I really am curious what the Quran promises faithful muslim women.

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 2:41 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 2:49 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Thanks for the link, SAHMinIL.... but I just want to clarify that I didn't mean martyrs. I meant, everyday, do what they're supposed to Muslims. What does a muslim woman receive in Heaven for her lifetime of good service?

brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 3:00 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• If you read the answers in the link, you'll see that some Muslim women have answered the question and said that she will get whatever she wants.....LOL
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 3:06 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• So... any actual muslim women have any thoughts about this?? Cause my question was directed to them....
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 5:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• the 75 "virgin reward" is for marytrs...not for men and women who follow Islam, you are rewarded with Jannah (heaven) if you have been very pious you will enter Firdaws...which is where the prophets, martyrs, the most truthful, most devout people will live.
    AmmuJinanSamaan

Answer by AmmuJinanSamaan at 6:24 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• *** pls remember that the people that do suicide bombings and beheadings are NOT martyrs!!!*** They are not promised anything but to burn in hell for committing suicide!

A martyr is a person is a person that died for their religion..meaning for example, someone put a gun to your head and said to convert to a different religipon other then Islam, and the Muslim says no, and gets shot...that is a martyr. They died for their religion, because their llove for God is so great that he didnt turn his head for the chance to live under a lie...

I wanted to clear that up. Thanks.
    Anonymous