Does anyone else's HFA Autistic child love to eat peanut butter sandwiches?

Our 11 yr old HFA Autistic son loves to eat peanut butter sandwiches. We can have plenty of other things in the house to eat for breakfast that he will eat and he will pick a peanut butter sandwich everytime. He has eaten one for breakfast every morning for the past month or so. Was just curious.

lovemysons

Asked by lovemysons at 11:22 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• My son isn't Autistic, but, from about age 2 on...my kid would pick a peanut butter sandwich over any other food. And at age 4, he ate at least one everyday for the year. Now, at 14, he eats one every other day almost. So...you are not alone. :)
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:29 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• My oldest can't have peanut butter due to allergies but he is the same way with his soy nut butter sandwiches.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:38 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• not ausutic son eats pbj everyday i pack his lunch because its all he eats
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 10:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Not with Peanut Butter but my Step Brother is autistic and he only eats certain foods and even certain foods that are a certain shape (square waffles as opposed to the round ones)...
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 29, 2010