If you have the chance...Would you move to Africa? If yes..Why? If no...Why?

diversity, lifestyle,

Monica655

Asked by Monica655 at 11:28 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Travel

• Yes, I have a home in Africa. I love it. We go there every year, I spent 3 months over there this year. Half of my family is there, we live right off the Mediterraneansea, the fresh food, no snow, universal health care... lot's of reasons I would move there!

heatkab2

Answer by heatkab2 at 9:39 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Where in Africa? The continent is extremely diverse, living in the middle of the bush in Botswana would be different than in Casablanca or Johannesburg.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:31 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I don't think I'd want to live there, but I love to do an extended stay and volunteer and help out in some of the more needy parts.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:33 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I would if I could give something positive to the economy, like being a teacher. A friend of mine from high school moved herself and her twins to Tanzania. She works for World Health. I wish I could have such a positive thing to do for other people.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:03 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• When I was little, my dream was to be a missionary in Kenya. I would love to still go one day but it doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon. My friend just left for a teaching job in Ethiopia, so I am hoping to visit her someday. Although, Kenya will always hold a special place in my heart.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:00 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• no, diseases, man-eating wildlife, just the whole thing scares the crap outta me for some reason. I don't even want to visit there even to see the Pyramids.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:29 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Whether its Egypt, the Sudan, Kenya, Congo, or South Africa... I'll pass.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• You are right ballewal! I forgot to ask where!!!.... When I was in the States, the whole idea of Africa... was related to wild animals, and poverty...... But now that I live in Congo..... you don't see much of wild animals unless you go to a National Park, or to Kenya & Zambia!!  Africa has beautiful places such as Cape Town, Joburg, etc, etc...

Monica655

Comment by Monica655 (original poster) at 11:37 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I'm not sure I would want to live there, but I would love to visit to provide assistance and to go on a safari.
    MagnoliaQueen

Answer by MagnoliaQueen at 11:37 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• @ zoeyis , Not ALL Africa live this way ;) never forget that from AFRICA CAME DIAMONDS AND OIL ;)
    @ Monica655 : i'm from Africa , and i love Africa, well there is more and more foreigne coming here and they'r very well payed these days , and even tourist ( im talking about my Country ) lovely mediteranian weather , sea in north with lovely lovely sarhra (desert) in south with lots of archaeological sites,and rivers and ppl are welkoming , lots of expats that i work with in oil company ( they'r from spain - uk and us and different countries as well ) want to live here but issues of visa they can't
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 11:48 AM on Oct. 28, 2010