Just 20 years?

NASHUA, N.H. – A teenager who was in a New Hampshire home where two people were attacked with a machete says the man on trial in the case was obsessed with sensationally killing people in the weeks before the attacks.

Eighteen-year-old Quinn Glover testified Thursday that Steven Spader wanted to break into homes, kill the occupants, stay overnight, roast and eat the victims and stage their bodies for the media.

Spader is on trial for murder and other felonies in the machete and knife attacks that killed Kimberly Cates and maimed her 11-year-old daughter in their home a year ago.

Glover has pleaded guilty to robbery, burglary and conspiracy for his role in the home invasion. He will be sentenced to 20 years in prison.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 11:35 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Our judicial system leaves a lot to be desired, a drug trafficker will get twice that sentence!

Answer by older at 11:50 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• You would think they would give him life and then some... but only 20 years? Its amazing we give drug dealers and such worse sentences... ugh
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 11:38 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Are you kidding me??? A 16 year old was sentenced to 50 years w/o parole for his PARTICIPATION (not the one with the gun) in a shooting that resulted in INJURY, not life threatening or life debilitating, just 6 months for the dude in a wheelchair. That kid (in the post) knew and premeditated and he gets 20????
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 11:54 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Wow. Twenty whole years, for killing someone, destroying a child's life, and he was talking about it beforehand?? He should have been sentenced to die.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:55 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• You do realize, that's not the entire time he's likely to spend there, right? Hopefully, fingers crossed, he will be taken care of while in there. Then, no one will ever have to worry about him getting out. But, he will probably be in solitary, so no one will get that chance.
    A judge in Georgia gave a little boy back to his parents, after they burned his testicles with a lighter. And beat him, I think. Then, they beat him to death. This same judge would have been the judge to handle the case with my nephew, had they not had a mediator. Luckily, my niece didn't push it. My sister got temp custody. Not all judges are good people. Oh, this was a female judge.
    This monster, in NH, should have gotten the death sentence, hands down. I just don't get it.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Horrible, agreed. I think she is under investigation. Either way, I wonder when SHE will be the subject of a Law and Order episode. And people wonder how we have lost faith in our judicial system. Tsk, tsk.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:47 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Sickening isn't it?!
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:36 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• hmm..pretty sad
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 11:40 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Disgusting.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:41 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I think I am gonna be sick!
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 11:43 AM on Oct. 28, 2010