I HOPE this story is not true . . .

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-in-disabled-homeless,0,4867135.story

Apparently the budget crunch in Indiana is so severe that parents have been told to leave their disabled children at homeless shelters if they are unable to care for them at home.

tinamatt

Asked by tinamatt at 11:37 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• This is unbelievable! What a tragedy. You know, this reminds me of something my Grandma told me when I was a kid. My Mom has been Epileptic since she was 9. Back then, obviously,they didn't have the advances in medicine to control seizures they do today. Granny said the doctor told her and my Grandad to put my Mom in a home, leave her,and forget she ever existed! My Granny told the doctor not as long as she was drawing breath in her body! My Mom has done just fine over the years. She's Epileptic, NOT mentally ill,like the doctor tried to make her. Anway, just wanted to share that. But, I hope that news story isn't true, or has a different side to it, or something.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 1:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Officially, what they're telling people will get them fired because it's illegal. But unofficially, people are being told that.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:39 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• It's been said in a Jeff Foxworthy joke everyone. I've heard this before in his Texas show on t.v.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• That is just sad.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 11:39 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• wow!

Answer by older at 11:41 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• That's horrifying. Can you imagine being a child and being dropped off at some shelter? How sad.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:41 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• That is what "AMERICA" has become. How sickening.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 11:43 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I saw that article this morning also. So horrible.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 11:47 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• That's sickening. How long until one of these parents punch on of the social workers in the mouth? I could NEVER leave my kid in a damn shelter. God, just thinking of that, these parents being told that, makes me feel guilty, and I couldn't do it!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• wow, that's pretty sick
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2010