Where does the money come from?

I know the situation in Indiana is sad and AWFUL that they would tell people to take loved ones to a shelter if they cant care for them but where does the state money come from? Seems people dont realize the money is going to runout sooner or later. It's not free money. Every dollar was earned by someone. I dont mean to be heartless and I am aware that some people need assistance for these hard times but we have allowed so much abuse of the system that the money was bound to run out sooner or later. We don't want taxes raised but we want the account to be full to hand out whenever possible?! the math just doesnt add up. I guess i'm just venting but we need to quit taxing the crap out of businesses that provide the jobs!! They will be able to grow and provide more jobs if we quit taxing them every way they turn. The solution is not tax the wealthy more or they will quit building companies in the US!

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• Big companies should be taxed.
    Darlinree

Answer by Darlinree at 11:55 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• All companies should be taxed but you would be amazed at how much they are taxed. My parents have a company that employs about 25 to 30 workers and it is insane what they are taxed.
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 12:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• You're right. Business can't stay in business if they are being over-taxed. In Ohio, we have lost a considerable amount of jobs to other states because of the tax laws. It's happening in Michigan as well. Most of the money comes from the wealthy and business - and they have the means to move if things get out of control. There are also companies choosing to leave the US altogether because it's cheaper to manufacture overseas. It's ridiculous. Increasing taxes isn't the answer (Business and wealthy individuals are already paying 50% of their income in taxes!!), fixing the existing programs will save more money than they could ever earn by increasing taxes.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• They have the education, the money and the experience to buy a company, make it successful and provide jobs for 30 people in a small town..why penalize them? I jus thtink the tax should be reasonable, by the time they pay for health ins fo rworkers, workers comp, taxes for earning, taxes on their own paycheck, unemployment for workers..it just goes on and on. We should do something to keep jobs in US.
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• You are correct, but I do have to wonder about some situations. We have businesses in Indiana. We were advertising for retail managers starting at 10.00 an hour. Do you know it took us two weeks to fill those jobs? If they set up an interview, they wouldn't show. If they showed, they never called us back. I don't get it.
    Anonymous