Do Christians have a duty as followers of Jesus to show A LOT more compassion to the families of the gay pre-teens and teens who have committed suicide and drowned out the ugliness of hate speech that is going on? adult content

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1316782/US-gay-community-reeling-epidemic-suicides-teenagers.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Christians have a duty as HUMAN BEINGS to show compassion for others. That goes for everyone else, too.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:53 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I feel as a human I would show compassion to any family who's teen commits suicide, gay or straight.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:56 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I think no matter what religion I was, I would have compassion for anybody.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 11:58 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• We are all aware or at least I am that this is not Christ like by any means of the imagination, and I do not judge all Christians by these sick hate speeches around. Honestly I think the latest one of this man Mccance is induced by a homophobia that hits home and has been repressed. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear of him being caught with a gay guy soon.

Answer by older at 12:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Christianity as it exists today? No.

As a human, they *should*, but their religion negates that responsibility.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I don't understand how any human being could not have compassion for anyone who has died by suicide.....I believe that Christians will eventually understand that sexuality and gender are more fluid than we have been led to believe and since faith cannot exclude the sciences we will eventually accept and embrace human beings who are gay, transgender, gender variant, etc......and nobody will be marginalized ever again......this is a basic teaching of Jesus anyway, so I don't understand why I didn't get this year ago, nor others today....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• shh they forgot they are supposed to be forgiving and accepting, not judgemental and nasty. That messes them up! lol
    Anonymous

• ObbyDobbie~I'm sorry you know so little about Christians and Christianity.
    We all have a duty to have compassion towards others. Unfortuately, Christians are always put under the microscope. In regards to the suicides, bullying has been a major issue for years. It doesn't matter why the bullying is happening. We all have a duty to show more compassion that we are currently, regardless of religious affiliation. We are all human and need to support and care for each other.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 12:14 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• We are required to show God's love to people. We don't have to agree with them, but it is not helpful to be judgemental etc...

I think the bible says something like "Mourn with those who mourn, Take joy with those who are joyful...."

Just like when I had miscarriages.... people were wrong to try and be peppy and say "oh it's ok. It's all God's plan" That didn't help at all and didn't help the way I think of God. Because it waas not accurate.
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 12:27 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Ooby knows nothing of what she speaks about when dealing with Christians, she hates ALL Christians.

I am a Christian and I am AMAZED at the hate that SOME christians show willingly...but lets all remember, the ones who say these things are the ones that get the attention....therefore casting a bad light on the entire faith!

I feel horribly for those kids and families who have to deal with this....Jesus loved and cared for all...that is what we should do...that is what I try to do..... :)

Love should rise above all hatred...hatred of anyone....gays...drunks, men, women, kids, Christians, non Christians...EVERYONE!!!!
    Anonymous