anyone ever have to let their baby (less than 12 mos) leave with the other parent even tho you have doubts about their abilities as a parent?

as in court ordered visitation...

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 11:59 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh that's a tuffy! I have doubted my x husbands parenting skills from the time I had my first child (his only child). There have been times that I have been hesitant, but I know there is always someone close by him to help him, and he knows that he can call me if he has problems. We have court ordered visitation as well. We have a very open relationship with each other, and I think that helps significantly. Our daughter is 7 now, and more self sufficient, so my worries have subsided, but I think everyone needs to be given a chance to prove they can or cannot handle it, court ordered or not.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Yes my sons dad who is Bi Polar. I was scared to death but everything eneded up fine. Just pray to god and put trust in your signifigant other
    TalorNSebbysMom

Answer by TalorNSebbysMom at 12:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• No. My SO and I never had this issue. Not only is he a completely capable parent (besides feeding my daughter junk food), but we were together.

I do wish you the best of luck, because I am sure this is difficult.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 12:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2010