Ack....falls?!

My four month old took her first tumble off the bed this morning. She's fine...but I felt so terrible!! Anyone else's little ones taken a big spill?!

sophiafarris

Asked by sophiafarris at 2:53 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yup, and thisi s just the beginning Momma! My son gave himself a black eye at 7 months, ripped a whole in his lip only a few months ago and those are just the ones I remember! He's 2 now, and I think the boo boos are just getting worse! Crazy little man! I'm sorry you had to go through that! It's never fun seeing your little one get hurt! But I guess that's how they learn! Trial and error! I'm glad your liltte one is ok! Hang in there!
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Mine has rolled off of the couch twice now...needless to say she does not go on that couch anymore :) No worries mama, its a part of being a baby. They aren't as fragile as we are lead to believe.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:59 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• yeah, actually my 2 year old and all the older ones do all the time! ahahaha! i would feel bad too, but just wait till she gets older, you will be rolling your eyes, hahaha! glad she's ok!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• mine did that too, i felt bad just like you, but now hes 16 months, and just as happy and healthy as any mom could hope!
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• here's one for you- when my son was 7 months old, he fell out of the car, onto the pavement! oh i felt terrible! no, we weren't driving. we were actually going somewhere with a group of friends, and i had sat him in the backseat for a few minutes, cuz we weren't loading up to go yet. (if i had put him in the carseat, he would have flipped, since we weren't leaving right away) the other kids were outside the door playing with him, and he leaned a little too far over and fell out the car! after about 1 minute of crying, he stopped and started playing again...i was crying more than he was!
    Anonymous

• My son flipped out of his bassinet. He was about 6-7 months old. He's small for his age so we didnt think anything of leaving him in the bassinet until he reached the weight limit. He flipped it, could have hit his head on the window seal right by it and the bassinet landed on top of him. He was fine, luckally. It could have been a lot worse, I held him tight and cried for about 10 mins when after i picked him up and rand my hands all up and down his little head, arms, legs and everything and i moved all of his joints around to make sure he was fine. I am sure he didnt like that one bit but it made me feel a little better about the whole thing. (if i wasnt babysitting nephews, i would have cried more)
    LadyUsagi

Answer by LadyUsagi at 4:09 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I have a two month old, but I also have a four year old and six year old stepson. All boys, and to tell you the truth unless we see blood, there's no worry, Eventually she will pick her self up, dust herself off and get on with it... ODS actually had three stitches in his lip at two years old...tell me that isn't worrisome!! I can only imagine what YDS will do, Oh vey. And we all wonder how we get gray hair!!!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 4:11 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• When my son was 7 months old I was carrying him on my hip with something in my other hand. Right when we went to walk through the doorway he through himself back and cracked his head on the door frame. I can't even count how much stuff he's done since then. You can't expect them to never do anything like that. As hard as you try it's just gonna happen. Don't feel bad. In fact, every mom told me when I was pregnant that your first child is the "test" dummie. Man where they right!
    Anonymous

• My little one rolled off the couch at 5 months... My husband fell asleep feeding her in our rocking chair and she rolled down his legs to the floor around the same time.. and around 7 months she fell backwards off my bed (a good two foot fall, carpeted though) onto the floor... My husband heard the thud and ran faster than I had ever seen him move up the stairs to see if we were ok.. he stubbed his toe in the process!! lol..
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 10:12 AM on Oct. 31, 2008