Is contractual sex a sin or immoral?

Why or why not?

isabellalecour

Asked by isabellalecour at 12:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Religious Debate

• No, not at all.

Sex is power.
    Money is power.

Nothing wrong with exchanging one for the other.

Anything goes between CONSENTING ADULTS!!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Actually, I don't think it's either a sin, or immoral. I don't believe in sin, period, so that one's obvious. But people have been paying for sex as long as well... people have been around. As long as no third party gets hurt (i.e. a married man paying a prostitute for sex), I really don't have a problem with it. Two consenting adults, none of my business. Matter of fact, I'm all in favor of making prostitution legal. It's never going to go away, why not make it legal and better regulated? But that's a whole 'nother subjetct. But marriage a contract for sexual services in exchange for protection? I don't think so... I don't need protection and I'm sure as hell not going to make sex a duty.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I think having sex outside of marriage is a sin. So if the person is going out and having sex with other people and not married then I think it's immoral and a sin. That's just what my religious beliefs outline. I don't expect everyone to agree with that and I can see how it would not be considered a sin to other people.
    SkylaDarling

Answer by SkylaDarling at 12:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• So basically a hooker..yes i think that is a sin!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• What do you mean by marriage contracts??

I am from Australia, is there something in your family law act that provides that sex is consideration for the contract? and if the contract is breached by wilholding sex then there are the rights to rescind or "Divorce" .. If it is that does not protect the human rights people are so hellbent on protecting..

Just because your married does not mean you have to have sex.. it is obviously expected but it shouldnt be a reason for divorce.
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• * Slaps Forehead*. wow.. thats a double edged sword right there. Dont know what else to say.. I dont understand the legal system there.. You can get damages for pretty much anything there.. I suppose thats good and bad.
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Weldo, unfortunately Americans have a sense of entitlement, and I suppose that means sex. I've never heard of that law before but it's absurd that that would be grounds for divorce and monetary gain. But, we are the counrty of frivolous lawsuits. I'm proud to be an American for what our Founding Fathers envisioned, but we really need to turn this ship around.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 12:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• depends...ive had contractual sex w/ my DH before. when my first was just a few weeks old i bartered sex for a full nights sleep. everybody got what they wanted and we were both happy. we've done that a handful of times and its always worked.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:56 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I don't see how it's either... But then, I don't believe there is ever anything immoral or wrong with sex as long as everyone involved is involved because they choose to be. But when I hear the term "contractual sex" I think Marriage...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• what is contractual sex?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2010