Ladies, let get Clint mcCance out of office, sign this petition?

http://www.change.org/petitions/view/demand_resignation_of_anti-gay_arkansas_school_board_member

Asked by older at 12:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I'll sign the petition (hopefully the link will work), older, just to show that the rest of the country is watching and aware of what's going on in their area.  Unfortunately, beyond that, I don't think it will have an affect, since he is an elected official and in the State of Arkansas, he can only be removed from office if he commits a felony, or loses in the next election. I'm sorry, too, because someone like that does not need to be working in an area that affects children.

As for the other comments, I really don't understand why they need to be so negative and nasty.  This isn't one of their usual lurking zones--liberals aren't being praised or trashed on here, so why are they focusing their ugly comments on you?

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 1:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• older, I wouldn't want a nation deciding on ANY matter between my child's school and my community... If this massive level intrusion becomes acceptable, when do we draw the line?  Let the community handle their community.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Nope. that is the business of Arkansas voters. There is a reason I don't live in Arkansas.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I tend to agree with jewjew.. This is a matter for the people of the school district to decide. Their school. Their choice. I, too have no plans to live in Arkansas... And there IS a reason, as well.. ;o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I'm going with jewjew,and grlygrlyz. This has nothing to do with me, and I won't sign any petition for something that doesn't. I don't live in Arkansas,and don't plan to. Sorry, older, you know I love you,but once again, we disagree.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 1:05 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Petitions like this will not do any good. The people of Arkansas need to do something about it. I will concentrate my efforts where I can make a difference.

tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 12:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• he's an elected official, evidently the Arkansas voter needs to deal with it. You are more than welcome however to continue to pound the pavement with your cause. GL!! and get busy
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• jewjew, you have already been reported I am done with you!

Why on earth did you report her? She disagreed with you big deal. Report me for disagreeing to I guess.

tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 1:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Older,

You attacked the first two posters on here because they did not say what you wanted to hear. Jewjewbee did not do anything wrong to be reported for.

All on-line petitions are worthless. They are not worth the time, nobody recognizes on-line petitions..

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 2:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• tabekat, disagreeing is ok in my book, personal attacks and inuendos are not, simple as that.

Your very thinned skin and you whine when others don't agree with you. You play the victim very well I must say.
    tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 2:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2010