teeth????

my girl is almost two and only has 8 teeth a set of mollars in the back and the two front and two bottom it dont seem to bother her while she eats or anything she eats chips and everything that you would not expect her to eat but it worrys me cause i see other kids her age and they have all there teeth.......... should i get her into the dentist and see what is going on or am i just to worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes she should have them by now, but every child is different. If you're really unsure, take her to the dentist.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 2:57 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I would take her in. My sister had something very rare happen to her...

After she lost one of her front top baby teeth, the adult never came in. After 2 years my mom finally took her in to see what the deal was. Well, get this:
    She had 20 tiny underdeveloped teeth in a small pocket where her adult tooth should have been. The Dentist (20 years in practice) said he had read about such things in medical journals but had never seen it for himself. She had to have them removed and had a porcelain front tooth.

The chances of that happening to your little one are VERY slim, but nonetheless I would take her in to see whats going on.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:57 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• You can bring it up to your doctor. It can't hurt.
    It is odd that she doesn't have 8 front teeth and the molars. The canine teeth (the pointy ones) usually come in after the molars but the second incisiors (the ones next to the front teeth she already has) usually come in before the molars. Keep in mind that this is "usually" - teeth can come in any order and be perfectly normal. From what I've read, all 20 teeth should be in by the time she turns 3.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I would definitely take her to the dentist! My daughter is only 17 months and she has 11 1/2 teeth (12th one should be in any day now) which at age 2 they should have 16 if not all 20 teeth already! Please take her to the dentist. Every child is different but she should have more than 8 teeth already!
    HeatherM0529

Answer by HeatherM0529 at 3:03 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• my dd has 4 molers, 8 front teeth, and is working on her k-9's. she is 15months
    mommy2alissa

Answer by mommy2alissa at 4:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2008