My 9 year old clearly has an attitude problem. What should I do?

My 9yo son clearly has an attitude and often gets angry. When I try and help him with his problems he directs his anger at me, and I never get a straight answer about why he is angry. He seem angry at the world. Is he depressed or just a tween now? His attitude seems to be interferring with his friendships.

happycboys

Asked by happycboys at 12:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Talk to his pediatrician about it and his teachers. They might be able to offer some insights or get a counselor involved
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:07 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• PRAY AND LOVE ON HIM MORE AND MORE.
    LACEY122

Answer by LACEY122 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I agree that you should speak with his pediatrician and teachers. Does he misbehave and give attitude at school, too?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 4:00 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I am having the same issue we have talked with the teacher she doesnt know what to do-she says she is seeing more of the anger than we do at home-and i dont see hardly any in the cafe (i work there each day). Our teacher has turned his name over to our counslor (i have talked with this lady before and she doesnt seem to know too much) so my next option after talking with hubby is to go a head and take him to him to his ped and see what we get from that. In general our son is a good kid we just dont know what to do with what little we are seeing and the whole big thing his teacher is seeing.
    momto3infl

Answer by momto3infl at 9:36 AM on Oct. 31, 2010