With all that's going on with financial struggles will you be able to do christmas this year or not?

I will do xmas but i can only spend a little not alot as I don't have it..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Holidays

• yea it hard times but my 4 boys look forward to christmas I am going to try to make it good but not going to make it big like every year I am goig to try to get each kid 5 or 6 things
    Peachy1009

Answer by Peachy1009 at 12:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• This year if I am able to but just one gift it will truly be a miracle from God. We are scraping by. Last year I bought for the kids only and this year....well I may have to say Santa isn't coming. If that happens I will truly be in tears the rest of the season if not longer.
    Anonymous

• DH and I are only getting one thing for DS and then one thing for eachother. We just dont have the money this year. And I am not worried about not getting DS much because he is still to young to understand and family is sending us a lot of stuff for him. But I still wish I could do more.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Nothing has changed for me this Chrstmas, I plan on buying like ususal.

Answer by older at 12:36 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I am planning on trying to spend 100 on each girl...I have two. I lost my job in September so it will be rough. The only job I could get was as a cashier in a grocery store. Not much money there.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:36 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Yes, we have never gone overboard at Christmas. We do not live above our means and adjust our spending to our income. My DH's income can fluctuate a lot (construction) so I never spend any money until we have it. I set money aside through out the year to spend at Christmas.  The one thing to remember is that as nice as it is to give and receive gifts it is not about the amount spent on the gift.  It is the meaning and thought behind it and spending time with loved ones.

tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 12:36 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• We save up for Christmas so that way it's not a financial strain on us. Kind of like a 'Christmas club' but with a separate bank account.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:37 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Of course!!!! The best things in life are free!!! There is plenty of love, kisses, and hugs to go around and won't cost a thing. You could also give home made gifts (cookies, pies, etc). Cheer up, not all is lost in this overly materialized world... :)
    Grotezus

Answer by Grotezus at 12:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• We are going to try to get just the grandkids something this year. I started a few months ago when Walmart started clearancing their overstocked merchandise. It was slim pickings but got each of the girls a couple small items.

One thing we use to do when our children were little was get each child 3 gifts from their wish list. Each gift represented a wise man since there were only 3 wise men who brought gifts for the baby Jesus they related and understood.
    darlinedemoss

Answer by darlinedemoss at 12:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Christmas will be very simple, but fun..... :) Don't worry, Mama, if done with the right attitude, nobody will feel deprived...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2010