My fiance and I live in Georgia. We will be married in South Carolina.

Our pastor is an ordained minister here in Georgia. Does he have to do anything special like have a different license to marry us in another state?

Soon2Wed

Asked by Soon2Wed at 12:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I don't think so, but def check into it. Maybe call the our house and ask? GL and congrats!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Depends on where/how he's ordained. Different states have different laws about who is allowed to marry people and where that is binding. Definitely look it up while he has time if he does have to do anything special.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I found this, and I'm looking further.

From the SC Code of Laws: http://tinyurl.com/23ky434

Persons who may perform marriage ceremony.

Only ministers of the Gospel, Jewish rabbis, officers authorized to administer oaths in this State, and the chief or spiritual leader of a Native American Indian entity recognized by the South Carolina Commission for Minority Affairs pursuant to Section 1-31-40 are authorized to administer a marriage ceremony in this State.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 1:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Does the pastor know he'll be performing the ceremony in another state? He of all people would be the best to ask - HE will know if he needs to do anything special or not. Talk to HIM.
    Anonymous