Should I move in with my son and his girlfriend?

My husband and I have not gotten along for some time now. I have not lefted because at the moment I do not have a job. My husband is very money hungery and I cant live like this any more. My son and his GF has asked me to come live with them and help with the kids while they are working. I love my son and want to help him, but dont know if it's a good idea to live with them. Should I or not?

naynayluv

Asked by naynayluv at 12:36 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• How will you have spending money if you live with him? It would be hard i think.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• If you need a "break". Moving where you will have to take care of their kids all day isnt the way to do it. Plus, I would hope this would be temp. which they would lose their current darecare and depend on you. I wouldnt.... but thats up to you.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• You don't have a job, and your son needs help. Give it a shot! If you feel uncomfortable, do it for a while, then explore your options and move out. What do you have to loose?
    Grotezus

Answer by Grotezus at 12:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I would say it would be O.K as lon as it is temp.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I am their daycare, right now the kids come here to my home and I take her to work. They have only one car and my son takes it to work.
    naynayluv

Comment by naynayluv (original poster) at 1:04 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• You are not happy and your son can use your help and wants to help you. Explain that you will not feel comfortable without a job and work out something where you can maybe find a part time job in the meantime or maybe some of their neighbors can use a good sitter since you are watching your grandchildren. You can make some money to work toward getting on your feet.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I would say give it a shot.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I would say to weigh your options before making any major life changing decisions.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2010