Was your MIL in the room when you delivered?

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No, but she barged in a few times thinking the baby had been born (I was apparently screaming like a newborn baby???)..
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• No NO and NO WAY!!!!! she has never deserved that honor!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• No, c-section for both. Only hubby was there, with my mom plastered to the outside of the door.

But MIL came by as soon as we were back in the room. She is a great lady with all boys and I am the only wife, so I am pretty much her only source of grandchildren! She is a very modest lady so I don't think she would be very comfortable in the delivery room.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 12:56 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• we were young and not married when we had our first so she was not in there only my mom and my now husband. she saw her minutes after birth though. with the other 2 yes she was in thier for both births and looking back i wish i had her in thier for the first one.
    Tfor2

Answer by Tfor2 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• No! I thought I should get to decide who I'm comfortable having in there with me and who I'm not. They were in town and at the hospital, so they saw him within minutes of being born though. I only wanted my mom and my husband with me.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Nope noone was....I had to have an emergency c-section....they wouldnt even let DH in...I was kinda pissed....but I understand why they wouldnt let him....
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Nope. I had a c section, the only one in there was my exhusband (he was my husband at the time, lol). However, if I had been able to deliver naturally, I wanted him and my mom in there no one else.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• My MIL is fine and if she wants to be in the room when I deliver, that's fine. But if I'm only allowed to have 2 in the room, it's going to be my mom and my husband. She'll just have to understand that.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 12:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• No. It was my mom and my dh. There was only one time she was in town and could have been there.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 12:55 PM on Oct. 28, 2010