keeping a friends kids

I have been keeping a friends two kids now for about a month. She is a single mother going through rough times. She can't afford a babysitter, so I am watching her kids for free. She brings them over about 8:30 in the morning expecting them to be fed first thing. She goes straight to my fridge and fills up their sippy cups when she gets here. Instead of feeding them before she leaves her house. To top all of this of she has one diaper in their diaper bag. I am keeping them until 3:00. I would say this might be a mistake, but this is the third time she has done it. I am providing her food ,diapers, and childcare.

arenad

Asked by arenad at 12:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• She has a sweet deal and you are allowing her to walk all over you. You need to set down rules that you want followed. If she gets upset then it's her loss - not yours.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:50 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I agree with Skittles and Orionsgirl - you need to speak with your friend and set ground rules. Explain that you understand money is tight for her, but she needs to contribute something. Maybe ask her to give you enough money to cover extra food and diapers for her children.
    DeeDee323

Answer by DeeDee323 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• If she is a friend talk to her about it, set some boundries and stick with them.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Agreed! I am a nanny! I get paid sort of! But if that were to ever happen to me I would say something! She is supposed to be your friend so you should be able to talk to her about what is happening without her getting upset!
    tisha1030

Answer by tisha1030 at 11:08 PM on Oct. 28, 2010