work from home?

I am a stay at home mother of 3.Two boys ages 14 and 10 and a 3 month of baby girl.I love being home but my boyfriend is having a heck of a time finding a job so right now we are just living off my child support checks which is not much.I would love to find something to do from home to earn alittle extra money esp with the holidays comming up.Everything I find wants me to pay all this money to get this and that and I can't really afford anything right now.Does anyone have any ideas that actually work?

butterfly7909

Asked by butterfly7909 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• Do you have any hobbies (jewelry making, baking, etc) that you're good at? Are you up to babysitting? Do you have good culinary skills?
    Grotezus

Answer by Grotezus at 12:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• if you find something let me know ;)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• The first thing you would need to do is to decide what it is you enjoy.  Do you enjoy selling, talking on the phone, working on the computer, writing, babysitting, cleaning, etc?  Then you need to sit down and put a plan of action together.  There are jobs you can do from home, mostly working from your computer, but they do require as much time as you would be spending away from your family as an actual job.  Most companies require that you have a dedicated working space, which is free from noise and distractions- that means you would still need to find sitting arrangements for your children.  If you enjoy selling, consider eBay.  I have some ideas in my Blog:  Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• if you find something let me know ;)

I sure will lol..I love to cook and I wanna get into quiltling.My boyfriend actually bought me a sewing machine for my birthday over a year ago and I have yet to make anything.I love to do scrapbooking as well.Love to bake.Would not mind babysitting either.
    butterfly7909

Comment by butterfly7909 (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Someone last night was thinking about teaching Vegan cooking. That's a great idea. Have you thought about cooking lessons? What about selling your scrapbooks on Etsy?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:55 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I run a home day care and I love it.. but I have worked with kids for almost 20 years now so this was my chosen career path. It is rough at times because of how some parents do things so different than the next (such as kids who don't have nap schedules, or refuse a bottle).. but it is worth it that I get to be with my son all the time and I get to hang out with some awesome kids during the day (and get to send them home at the end of the day)..its like getting to be a grandma and a mom at the same time. But the money is unpredictable with the economy in the state it is now.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 12:59 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I have never heard of Etsy.I just checked it out and it is just like Ebay.I will have to look into that.Make more scrapbook pages and see what I can do.I see alot of people on Ebay make up pages and sell them.All pre-made so people just need to put in a picture.
    butterfly7909

Comment by butterfly7909 (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I have a work from home business that has worked out great for myself and my family - I have actually been able to reduce my monthly expenses and am helping others to do the same and get paid for it :) I have a live webcast that explains the company and the business - there is no obligation to view the webcast - just take a look and decide if this is a business that will work for you. Good luck.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to http://www.ivaa.org/ http://www.iavoa.com/ http://www.vanetworking.com/
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching; additionally, I handle the business end of my spouse's business, and do medical billing and coding one day a week for one of my bookkeep

Answer by rkoloms at 5:49 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• If you need extra money check out our blog:-) Goodluck on your search!:-)

Earnings In A Basket
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 8:33 AM on Oct. 29, 2010