Dang near every person I know wants to be in the delivery room...

I'm not cool with this, hell my man should be honored I'm letting him in. It's a private thing and I know it's selfish but I want it for myself and I don't want people milling about like it's a damn movie theater waiting for the show to start. The only person I would want would be my big sister and that's not real likely cause she lives a state and a half away.
Am I being rude ? be honest I can take it.

AprylnAtticus

Asked by AprylnAtticus at 12:55 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No!!! It's whatever YOU want. If anything tell the Dr. ahead of time to say it's a rule of his/hers only 1-2 in the delivery room.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• No your not being rude people need to respect what you want . Do what you want not what others want!
    davecswife

Answer by davecswife at 12:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• No, you're not being rude at all. This is YOUR moment, and YOUR decision. Having said that, I was the same as you, I didn't want anybody except for my fiance with me. But once it started, I had him and two of my best friends there, and I couldn't care less. Same with the "exposure" issue. Beforehand, I told my fiance he had to stay north of the waistline at all times. After 20 hours, he was smack dab between my legs, with my friends each holding a leg (also with a prime view), and again... I didn't care. I just wanted that damn baby OUT already!

Regardless though, it should be your decision, and yours only.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:59 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• No you're not being rude! You should only have who you want and are comfortable with. Tell everyone else no. The nurses can help shoo people away who try to sneak in too.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• absolutely not! It's your moment and you have the right to let anyone or no one be in the room. Be up front and honest with everyone. You want it to be for you and your SO, that's all. They can have their time to see the baby right after it's born!
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 12:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Tell them exactly how you feel about it. They'll understand...and if they don't, too damn bad.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 12:59 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• No your not being rude. Its your body and your baby coming out. Is whatever the moma wants that goes!!! I had planned for my sister-in-law and best friend to be in the room with me and my husband during our 2nd childs delivery. But I went from 6cm to 10 cm like that and my epidural didnt take affect yet. They were standing at the door and I was in so much pain I refused to let them in. Only because I didnt want them to see me that way. Especially my best friend. She has no children and I didnt want it to scare her too much.
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• lol definitely not being rude. I had to literally have nurses keep my mom out. She was crying and everything, calling me in the delivery room every 5 mins for an update. LITERALLY. It was at a point I couldn't even push cause I was on the phone with her!!!! Dh was the only one in there. There's enough hospital staff in there anyways. Its uncomfortable too, like your lady parts are a zoo exhibit.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:59 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Heck no. I didn't even want the doctor and the nurses there. I'm already in pain, sitting in an uncomfortable position, with all the goodies open and exposed to the whole world, why would I want extra sets of eyes there???

If you don't want people there, say so. "I'm sorry, this is a very private moment and we're keeping the people in the delivery room to just (SO) and the medical staff. If you want to be there, you're more than welcome to wait in the waiting area, though."
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• No your not the only people I had in my delivery room was my husband, the nurse and my midwife. I didn't want anyone else there. I believe it is a time for you and your husband to share. I even told all the nurses that we did not want any visitors for 2 hours after she was born so the three of us can rest and bond. Thankfully they sent my mom home when she showed up at the hospital. And thankfully my daughter was born at 10pm so no visitors even showed up until late the next morning.
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2010