It seems like so many people have a problem with Obama...If there are that many that have a problem with him, how did he become president??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 1:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• What has changed from the time when he was running for President, and today?

Let's see, not his skin color, so that dismisses the charge that those who oppose Obama are racist. That would mean that people who had no aversion to him back then have somehow BECOME racist in 20-odd months. ... Yeah - NOT.

When he was running, he was portrayed by most of the media as a moderate, middle-of-the-road guy. Pretty much only Fox News was covering any of his background, his voting record, his actual deeds in his previous employment, his long-time friends and colleagues. Almost every detail of his background pointed to marxism, anti-Americanism and committed secular progressivism (if you know what that is) But this was not covered in the media, so the public was led to believe that Obama was very similar to Bush, but with all the unpopular parts improved.

Then Obama took office, and joined the very progressive Reid and Pelosi in a blitz
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:23 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• His name wasn't Bush. The democrats could've run a dead ficus and won that year.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:02 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Look at his poll from when he was elected. Look at the policies he has signed (many that he didn't even read), then look at his polls numbers, now...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• My personal theory.

More people voted against McCain than for Obama.

That's how we end up with the majority of our elected officials. They end up voted in, not because the more people voted FOR them.. But because more people were voting AGAINST the other person. Then people, the electorate, get all up in arms when things are crappy. How can we as a an electorate expect things to go well, when this is how people get elected. So many people do not vote for the person they think is going to do the job well, or who they believe in their ideology or their policies.. They are just voting against the one the like the least.. The whole "Lesser of two evils" fall back. People vote against someone not for someone. And we end up with shite for a government..

It's seems this way every election for as long as I've been voting. And that's 30 years.. lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Its not that so many people have a problem with Obama,

Have you looked at his approval rating lately? He's more hated than the mosque.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:03 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I was one of those misled by him and I am kicking myself everyday for voting for him. I thought when he said change he meant positive not negative. I am voting straight republican this election. No imcumbants will be getting my vote.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Its not that so many people have a problem with Obama, its just that the ones that do are really freaking loud about it.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• NOT BEING RACIST AT ALL, but a lot of African American people, and others who would never have voted before, voted just to see a man of color in the white house. Honestly, thats great and all, but he is HALF WHITE! Also he promised a lot of things that seemed great... I think Obama is one big broken promise.

The same % of black people voted for Clinton (91% vs 90%) and 87% for Gore....Last I checked, they are all white

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Campaigning is not the same thing as holding office. That campaign was a rock star, the office is a catastrophe. People who aren't really into politics were all about him!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2010