Pet Grooming

What is the secret to not getting those lines when groom your dog? I have tried scissors and an electric razor and get lines in their fur. We pay way too much for grooming and I'd like to learn to do it myself to save some money. Any tips?

TALuke

Asked by TALuke at 1:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Pets

• It's because they are trained. When I groom my dogs I use good expensive sharp shears, I point cut, and I know how to follow a cutting guide because I'm trained to do so. It takes training and practice.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• i wonder what kind of blades your using. i get the same thing with my bigger teeth blades. my smaller ones don't leave lines. i think it's a matter of time with practice you'll get better. i'm with you grooming costs a lot and i started to groom my own dogs. a standard poodle for that matter. just think of the money your saving. they just need to feel comfortable and clean in the end. good luck and just keep practicing.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• take up a course and learn how to
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:59 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• You need to get high quality tools to do that kind of grooming and they are not cheap but they are worth it. They also make videos that show you how to groom a dog.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:32 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Take a class and keep praticing
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 31, 2010