why do people that quit church and don't read their bible nor pray try and preach to tell other people that anything but christianity is satanism?

i really don't get how someone can tell someone else "how to live right" when by their own standards they are "sinners".

oldfashionSAHM

Asked by oldfashionSAHM at 1:02 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• That's one of the reasons why I am no longer Christian, I got sick of the people. My family (on both sides) are Christians and uhg it's frustrating. For example, my grandma on my mom's side goes to church regularly is in the choir blah blah blah, my parents used to go to church and drag me along but stopped. Well, a few years ago my husband who was my fiance at the time we were living together and fell on hard times and needed a place to stay for TWO MONTHS to get back on our feet. My mom wouldn't allow it because she didn't want her kids (my siblings) being around an unmarried couple sleeping in the same bed. Skip to now and you have my mom out right cheating on my dad and my holy grandmother supporting and encouraging it...
    That is just one of many examples as to why I left that belief and those people.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 1:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• We are all sinners. If they quit going to church and try to help others see the light(even if their way about it isn't good) then they are at least trying. It does make non believers have a hard time grasping the concept of Christanity when they do one thing and say another. But realize that Christans aren't perfect people. We still sin. The only perfect man that there ever was or will be is Jesus Christ. As Christans we are supposed to do our best to be like Him and teach others to be as well. If someone falls short of doing it in a good way, doesn't mean they aren't still Christian.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Sounds like a mother using the guilt card any way she can. Probably has nothing to do, really, with Christianity or the like but mearly a desperate mother trying to take control because the control she had in her own life is gone somehow/someway so she's finding other ways to get it back.
    That means trying to control your life through guilt which can be a powerful card for moms to use.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I no longer belong to a church, due to the cliques, drama, and rules. I don't feel it's someones place to tell my son he needs a haircut, becuae it's not proper for a boy church member to look like that. I however, do have a relationship with God, and know the Bible and it's teachings quite well. You don't have to belong to a church congregation, or read your Bible every day to have a strong blief in God. Maybe someone posted and pissed you off, but I really don't see a lot of people doing what you say. I do agree with the previous poster on the fact that Christians aren't erfedt. They are human. If they were perfect on their own they wouldn't need God.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Do you know what satanists believe, or practice? just curious...
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• ? how many people that do and say all these things do you run into? I avoid obnoxious people whenever I can irregardless of their religious affiliations.  There are a lot of people that are big talkers and you should really ignore most of what they say.  This is a universal philosophy that can apply to any group of people, religious or not.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Regardless of what you do in your life, or how you live-- you will always have people try to tell you what to do or how to live-
    that is just what we do as humans-- we are in that mind set that we need to keep on growing and to keep growing, we have to "teach"
    I am a Christian and I pray and read the Bible- but I can't make it to Sunday services because I work most Sundays- but I try to either go
    to a service when I can or I listen to a preacher on Sunday ( on TV)
    but to answer your Question-- some people tell others how to live so they can look better in their own eyes while others really try to help
    others because they know Who the Truth is and just want to help others find out
    mocha76

Answer by mocha76 at 12:17 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Sounds like there is "more" to this question... got issues?
    My thought is that you really don't know if these people you are generalizing about don't pray, don't study, etc... You see the surface. Whose to know?
    Not trying to justify their actions, but I get the feeling you feel judged... but what are you doing?
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Jambo4 i know for a fact she don't pray or read her bible because she is my mother and she has been living with me for a week. and telling me how to care for my family and preaching to me all the time about being a christian when she don't even live a christian life and hasn't since she walked away from church when i was 8.
    oldfashionSAHM

Comment by oldfashionSAHM (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Oct. 29, 2010