formula after baby food

How much milk did you give after feeding baby food?

MelSwim7

Asked by MelSwim7 at 1:04 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Its supposed to be formula then baby food :) cause babies need the nutrients the formula offers before any other food source
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 1:12 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• For the whole first year, you are supposed to give solids AFTER a bottle or nursing.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I didn't. I fed formula and added some food between bottles. Babies under one are still supposed to get ALL their nutrients and calories from their milk (whether formula or momma milk) then, in between just for fun and only if they can sit unassisted and can grab food and put it in their mouths, you can give them little bits of foods for fun and learning.

They need 28-32 ounces of milk a day and don't NEED foods until the stop formula or momma milk.

http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/babyledweaning.htm This is a great site with info and recipes. And will answer your question.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Formula first mama :) The food is to supplement the formula. Not the other way around. I put the food between bottles :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• You've got it backwards mama. Give the normal amount of formula you feed at a feeding, THEN offer solids. NEVER give solids first - it does not have the nutrition that the formula does. If you do it backwards, baby won't get all the vitamins and minerals needed in a day - the baby food just doesn't have it.
    Anonymous

• honestly depends on the child, my boys didn't want the bottle as much after they were started on food, some children just want the milk... I wouldn't worry either way
    portlandia

Answer by portlandia at 5:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2010