Don't you just hate it when a person who bullied you in school now acts like they were your best friend?

I swear... evey person I run into now a days who hated and bullied me in school has selective memory. First off, they come running up to me, all smiles and hellos like we were best buds in school. And then, when I ask if they remember how much pain they caused me (because I DO), none of them can seem to recall any of that happening. Okay... so you spent YEARS making my life hell and you DON'T REMEMEBER IT???? Nice...

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 1:15 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I know what you mean. I graduated in 1999 but I still remember the harassment I dealt with. Elementary, I could forgive. Even junior high, if it wasn't that bad. I skipped school quite a bit in high school, got into fights, got called every name under the sun. It was humiliating. The school didn't care. I HATED school. I went to the same school for K-11, leaving 3 months into my senior year, moving in with the man who is now my husband, & transferring to his school. It was the best decision I ever made. I get friend requests on FB, and people will come up to me & try to be all friendly after torturing me in school. I have just turned and walked away several times leaving them standing there looking stupid. "Kids being kids" just didn't cover it.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• That would be uncomfortable and bad all around. I was not bullied during school thank goodness and never did any bullying I didn't really see any of that happening. But I was fully engrossed in my classes.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:20 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Melbornj... high school was awful for me. I was the weird girl who like to read about serial killers and the paranormal and didn't conform to what they other kids thought I should be, and so, my life was made a living hell. I didn't just sit there and take it though, I've always had a smart mouth and have been able to stand up for myself which only seemed to exasperate the situation to tell you the truth.

IhartU

Comment by IhartU (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• i have people send me facebook request all the time. People who made my life a live hell. I'm always wondering if they seriously think i'm going to be there friend after all the shit they put me through or if they are still big bullies and want to make my life hell through facebook too. I must've been lots of fun for them to bully around for them to even remember me..and stalk me through facebook. kinda creepy.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• They probably feel ashamed of it. I know what you are talking about because I've had it happen to myself. Also, dh's bro and mom growing up abused him (I MEAN BADLY) and they have selective memory, even though he has scars. First time I ever met his mom (lives across state) she tried filling my head with warm memories of her and dh and I just let her have it. When I met dh I knew what kind of pain he was in because of her and have had to help him overcome it. She did a lot of damage. She even wrote a letter to her own parents saying it was not "conveinent" to care for her 3 kids and gave them away. She denies it even though dh saw the letter to the court. I ripped her up one side and the other. I told dh before we were even married that if given the chance I would and that he didn't have to worry about his "mom" being mean because I would be a mom and wife to him.
    Anonymous

• shay1130 ... It's like they are living in some kind of fantasy world! I mean, they affected my life in ways they have no idea about and then have the nerve to want to be all friendly and act like it never happened?

IhartU

Comment by IhartU (original poster) at 1:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• really i think its just girls that havent grown up yet..they had fun being drama queens in school and want to continue their fun because they havent quite grown up yet. I was never really bullied until i got into 10th grade and it was this one crowd of people. You can tell me that they "forgot"...it wasnt that long ago.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• ...can't
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Anonymous... I have that issue with my mother as well. She abused us and was a horrible mother but now seems to have made up this imaginary world where she was the best mother who tucked us in with kisses everynight. Most of the time I just sit there and roll my eyes, but there have been times that I've lost it and just came right out and told she was a delusional liar.

IhartU

Comment by IhartU (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I have one facebook friend who just said rude things about me to other friends, in the old days. She seems very nice now. I'm giving her a chance since we were just kids back then. Abuse is a way different story.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 5:53 PM on Oct. 28, 2010