Bottles

When you feed you LO do you wash the bottle right away? If theyre still hungry do you get a new bottle or use the same one... washed or not? ... Just wondering

kiansmom0423

Asked by kiansmom0423 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If it was in the same feeding (example: she ate 4 oz. And wants 1 more oz) then I used the same one. But I always washed inbetween feedings.
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 1:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• When mine was done, I rinsed it and put it in the sink to be washed. I used a new on every time.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I use glass bottles, I rinse the bottle out, take apart the top screw on piece and nipple and rinse them both out, set those aside to be washed later. I always use a clean bottle when I am feeding her, and if she maybe wants another ounce then I will rinse out the current bottle and make one more ounce in that same bottle. You have to remember that bacteria starts to grow after the formula has been made and is sitting for about an hour. So any unused formula needs to be tossed after that or refrigerated before then.

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 1:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• So, vote me down because what i did was different from what you did? Really mature. I did not tell her thats what was right, i simply said thats what i did...Get over it..Or, so your maturity level and vote this one down too :) Cause im sure you will!!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I try to rinse the bottle right away and leave it to be washed later once I have a collection. If they are still hungry and its the same feeding, I've used the same bottle. I believe the rule of thumb is that if the bottle is over an hour old, get a new one because bacteria from the baby's mouth will grow.
    LittleD96

Answer by LittleD96 at 5:06 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• When the bottle was empty or was out to long I would wash the battle
    portlandia

Answer by portlandia at 5:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Same feeding same bottle. But if not the bottle gets washed.
    OliviaW.

Answer by OliviaW. at 5:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I used the same bottle all day. When he was done with a feeding i rinsed it with hot water. I didnt know you were supposed to wash them..lol..I just looked at it like, if i was drinking water all day, wouldnt i use the same glass?
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:04 PM on Oct. 28, 2010