I need to know how to dress. I have an interview.

I am going on an interview for a really high paying job and I am so nervous and excited. I don't know what to wear, or how to look. I don' t want to look sexy, just professional. I have a tattoo on my leg, so I have to wear pants. What kind of top and shoes should I wear and what colors should I choose?

zweedledee

Asked by zweedledee at 1:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I would wear a pants suit with a nice button up shirt. Heels of some kind of a conservative hair, bun, pony tail, just something simple.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:27 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Maybe a nice blouse with a jacket over the top. Or a blouse and a cardigan. Dress shoes, but not a big heel.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Do you mean "professional" position when you say "high paying"? If it's a corporate office I always reccomend a navy or black pants suit with a white dress shirt (or something neutral) is always the best bet. Close tode black dress shoes, with a heel no higher than 1.5 inches. Go natural with the makeup and lipstick/gloss. Wearing your hair back from your face, or at least half up in a put together blow dry look is best. Pearls if you have them, fake ones work just fine :). Good luck! If you don't have a suit but you have black pants you can buy a black blazer to go with it, it doesn't have to be a whole suit ensemble.
    mommyslate

Answer by mommyslate at 1:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I like the pant suit idea. And don't overdo in the make up department.
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 1:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• tode=toe. Cold hands make for bad typing :) Good luck on your interview
    mommyslate

Answer by mommyslate at 1:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

Answer by mommyslate a minute a

I giggled at you! :-)
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Shut it mrsfitz :-P
    mommyslate

Answer by mommyslate at 1:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• yes cover your tat for sure, wear pants, if you have a suit jacket to match wear that with a nice professional top underneith. not too much make up but some make up. pull your hair back and make it evident you did something without going crazy. just try to relax. good luck~
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I have always heard that red is a powerful color to wear to an interview. I don't know how true that is because I look awful in it so I refuse to wear it EVER. ;) good luck! I hope you get the job!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:02 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• a suit
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:59 PM on Oct. 31, 2010