how long?

can you be dilated 4 or 6 cm for 3 weeks till your due date with out your water breaking or really strong contractions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have no idea, but heres a bump!!!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Sure you can. Dilation is no indication of labor. It is just your body preparing. I have been 3, almost 4 cms dilated for almost 2 weeks now and no baby yet.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Yep. You can be dilated even more. Your water never has to break to give birth. Baby can be born still encased in the sac. And contraction can start long after dilation has occurred.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I was dilated to a one for four weeks, a two for two, a three for one, and then when my contractions got pretty strong I was a five it took eight hours for me to dilate to a ten.
    With my second I was a one for two weeks, then a two for two. Then my contractions were every sixty seconds, I was a four, and it took three hours to get to a ten.

Everyone I know has started dilating weeks before birth, but (the people I know) Once you get to a three baby is there very shortly.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I walked around 2cm for 2 weeks!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 1:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• It just depends on the baby. My first, I was dilated 3 cm and 6 hours later was in active labor. My second, I was dilated 4 cm for almost 1 month. I thought she was never going to come. All I can tell you is to be patient (even though it's extremely hard), and walk as much as possible. It makes time go by faster, and makes your birth 10 times easier. Good Luck ;)
    Momma72923

Answer by Momma72923 at 2:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2010