Bodily function question TMI adult content

Is white creamy discharge normal? It's not a ton or anything but it's there. It has a smell, but it's not a bad smell. IT DOES NOT STINK. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I haven't had my period in like 3-4 months????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Health

• Could it be a pregnancy discharge?

If you're not pregnant, it's always wise to remember that the vagina is a self-cleaning oven. Whatever is in there that needs to come out, will. And in order to do so, the mucus your vagina produces is what it uses to flush those things out. I'd take a pregnancy test, then wait to see how often you discharge, and if the consistency or amount changes much. If this is completely abnormal for you, call your doctor. You may have a slight yeast infection or a case of bacterial vaginosis. Neither are too big of a concern once you advise your doctor, and both can be treated, but only your doctor can truly determine what the cause is. PLEASE DON'T SELF-TREAT! ; )
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2010