how long after after "bloody show" did you go into labor please answer

i started bleeding earlier they told me im dialted to 1 and thats what the blood is but im still worried

landonsMOMMY500

Asked by landonsMOMMY500 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My bloody show started shortly after I was in labor.
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 1:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I didn't have any until they broke my water. I dunno. Usually 24 hours is the max before they will do a c-sec because of the risk of infection if your water has broken...
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Same as the previous answer!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• No, I lost it at 35 weeks, and I was dialtated to 3 cm for 3=-4 more weeks after that. A mucus plug can regenerate.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I had some bloody show about a week before I had my first child.... after that I didn't have it again until I was in early labour. He was born about ten hours later. With my next two babies, I didn't have any bloody show at all until I was in really active labour, very shortly before birth.

Is the blood mixed in with mucus, or is it blood like a period? I would be more concerned if it's actual vaginal bleeding similar to a period... blood mixed in with mucus does sound more like bloody show.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 1:36 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I didn't have a bloody show with either of the kids. If there were any blood it waited until I was pushing with both.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Parts of the mucus plug can break away and clog back again. If you're not having contractions, you can call your doctor, or just wait until your next appointment and ask to be checked for dilation.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• It was a week or two before I went into labor. You can lose and rebuild the plug numerous times. It is not a sign of labor but you body getting ready for labor. I was dilated to a 1 at 38 weeks, 2 at 39 weeks and went into labor at 40 weeks and 2 days.

The bloody show(mucus plug), dilating and some bleeding are not good indicators of when you will go into labor. It may be today or 3 weeks from now.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2010