Are these the BEST the republicans have for 2012?

John Boehner
Michelle Bachman
Sarah Palin
Eric Cantor
Mitch Daniels
Newt Gingrich
?
Are these the best possible candidates for 2012?

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 1:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It appears that way.... Scary.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:55 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• How in God's name can any one of them be worse than what we have now?

I think that this is the crux of the matter.

I'd LIKE to have Abraham Lincoln, but that's not going to work out, so what can we do?
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Any one of them is better than we have now. Hell, there are even some democrats I would choose to get rid of what we have now.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Oh, come on, I'm still trying to get through Tuesday... Do I vote for the incumbent, who I don't actually hate... (but I hate incumbency) but he has voted for some spending I don't care for, or do I vote for the independent, who I agree with 95%, except for the 5% is a big effing deal... will voting for the independent just split the conservative vote... I don't know....
    blast. My brain hurts.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:08 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Anyone of them would be better then what the democrats will be offering, Obama or Hillary Clinton.

And if that is what the democrat party is offering, anyone one of those people should not have any trouble beating them.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 3:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I think the question should really be: "Are these the best POLITICS can offer?"

Quite honestly, I became disillusioned about politics back in the late 90's. It's the same BS lies, broken promises and propaganda, in a new suit. Even the ones who have shown the most promise to be "different" seem to end up falling into the same tired routine of politics as usual. I long for an election where I can vote and not have to say to myself, "Well, I distrust and fear So and So the LEAST....."
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Oh, God, I hope not. I'm a Democrat, have always and will probably always be so, but I'd at least like there to be a worthy opponent. Everything I see out there now is worse than worse.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 2:50 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Are these the BEST the republicans have for 2012?

John Boehner
    Michelle Bachman
    Sarah Palin
    Eric Cantor
    Mitch Daniels
    Newt Gingrich
    ?

***
    So by speculating over who MAY or MAY NOT be the Republican nominee 2 years from now, does that mean that you too, are also counting down the days to the end of the Obama presidency?! If so, that's cool!! :o)

Why are SO FEW Obama supporters talking about all of his accomplishments?! Oh, that's right because he doesn't HAVE any!! And that's why they are choosing to drudge up ancient history on former presidents, instead of calling Obama, his administration and the Democrats on all of their FAILURES, and the NEGATIVE IMPACT those failures will have on our FUTURES!!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:14 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• So if Obama sucks, republicans are even worse...and that is according to the FOX poll

***

Speaking of polls, this one from CNN is rather telling! LOL

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/08/cnntime-poll-was-bush-better-president-than-obama/

"By 47 to 45 percent, Americans say Obama is a better president than George W. Bush. But that two point margin is down from a 23 point advantage one year ago."

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:19 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Who said that is the list? You left out Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee, Tim Pawlenty, and Bob Jindal. Why just that list. All of the people on the list are constitutional conservatives especially Michelle Bachman and Newt. That isn't bad. It is just miles away from where tax and spend liberals live. But, why just those people. Are you already passed the "lost" election on Tues. and already looking ahead and how can we ruin these people and their chances. Any one of them would be head and shoulders better than the one you presented us with. Look at what he, Pelosi, and Reid have led our country to.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2010