Birth Control Pill Question

When you start the pill again. Then you stop for 7 days to get your period etc. what happens if you don't get your period do you just continue starting that next pill even though it didn't come?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 1:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Health

• No idea, but here's a bump!!! :0)
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Yes, but you should take a pregnancy test too.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I would take a test to be sure, but yes you are supposed to continue taking the pill. You could even call your doc to be sure what they would want you to do.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 1:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• If you started your first period after your pregnancy and this is what you are talking about then yes keep taking the next pill. Dont go off schedule. But you should take a pregnancy test if you did not get your period to make sure you are not pregnant.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• You should continue to take your BC until you get a positive preganacy test if that's what you're after. Some women will stop having periods while taking the pill...you may be one of the lucky ones!
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2010

• I know I a not pregnant. I stopped my pill Monday and don't feel anything happening yet so this is why I am asking. Its been a while since I have been on the pill again. Next time I go to the Dr. I will ask her too. Thnx.
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Oct. 28, 2010