I thought we were on the same page....

So, this ummer my hubby and I were elated to find out that I was pregnant. However, we m/c at about 9 weeks in September. My OB/GYN gave me the go ahead to start trying right away so off we went. It didnt happen the first go around, but thats ok. I am very excited to try again....I thought my hubby was too! Until he told me that it prob wasn't such a great idea b/c we had things to work on. Ok? I thought things were ok....apparently he thinks the house is dirty, that we need to improve our relationship and so on. Sooooo....I don't even know what to think. I mean there are always things to improve upon, but thats every relationship. Maybe he was just upset at that moment, but I havent been able to bring it up again b/c I'm afraid he was serious...lol! I will be OV next week so I guess I'd better find out soon. I guess I just need some words of support.......

crazy4u49033

Asked by crazy4u49033 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• You'll never know till you talk to him, and you know men it could be something little like he doesn't like the way you've been folding his socks. Good Luck with everything
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• He is probably just scared. As most guys would be. Just tell him that through out the marriage you have been through things and this will just be one more. Everything will be fine and you will have so much love for you little baby! It will bring you even closer. Good Luck!!
    Katy1213

Answer by Katy1213 at 1:47 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Could the m/c have thrown him for a loop and have him rethinking everything? I have never went through a m/c myself personally, but I know of other couples who have and it's a pretty big emotional hit. Maybe if he knew that there's never really a perfect 'time' to have a baby, that you're ready for another and you aren't getting any younger. Make him a nice dinner, and butter him up so he's in a good mood to have that talk.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:51 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• my sister MC this past year and they have recently started trying again but her hubby keeps going back and forth on whether he wants to or not. and was saying the same things as urs is...so she got him to talk about it and come to find out he was still hurting from her losing the baby and was extremely scared that it would happen again and didnt want to see her go through everything again...and was scared to show his emotions...so just talk to him to find out wuts rlly going through his head
    madisonsmom10

Answer by madisonsmom10 at 1:54 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I know that with my miscarriage, it changed my relationship with my ex for good. I had entered the relationship in the beginning not being fully in love - but focused on conceiving from day one. It was my prime motivation. After the miscarriage, the loss changed my perception and I woke up to the reality of my relationship.

Maybe you should explore what is going on with him and where he is in your marriage. Are there deep rooted problems, or is this a response to the loss of your pregnancy.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I would make it sound like we were trying ... to get pregnant again! I mean yes talk to him ... for sure ... but he is probably upset about m/c and afraid. But don't look at it as omg I am ov next week. Just enjoy making love with your man! Of course I am not sure what ya'll went thru to get preg 1st time. But just take it easy enjoy your relationship and a baby will come! But talk to him!
    krispy292

Answer by krispy292 at 4:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Sorry ... make it sound like you weren't trying.
    krispy292

Answer by krispy292 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 28, 2010