What do you think about...

movies and news reports where they constantly move the camera all over the place on purpose? Is that supposed to be artistic or something? Because all it does for me is irritate me and give me a headache. I thought professional cameramen held the camera still.

Does it bother you?

DivaDynamite

Asked by DivaDynamite at 1:50 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Entertainment

• i can't stand stuff like that

on documentary style movies me and dh will not watch unless it's a actual documentary then you suspect it. but other then that. seriously why film something that no one will be able to see or be setting there asking what the beep is going on.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 1:55 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Yes it does. Not only movies and news reports, but there is a cooking show that switches from a close up of the cook's face- right in her face then a glimpse of the dish, then back to the face close up. It is very annoying.

Answer by Bmat at 1:52 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• It annoys me too.... Same thing with scenes that change every 3 seconds, gives me a HUGE headache...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:52 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Yes it bothers me. Especially in Saving Private Ryan. It was so real.
    ZandCsmom1968

Answer by ZandCsmom1968 at 1:52 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• It doesn't really bug me. Some movies are really good that move all over the place. For example, Cloverfield was filmed from a handheld camcorder and I loved that movie. Though it made a lot of people sick due to the constant movement.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:59 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Yeah, Blair Witch Project.....horrible, and nauseating....it was like trying to read while in a car, got "seasick". Two hours of my life that I'll never get back.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Or scenes where the camera encircles the actors and you feel like you've been on a merry-go-round for too long? The only time I can see any purpose for that is when someone is becoming overwhelmed and their mind is spinning out of control.

Seriously...what are they thinking? Knock it off!
    DivaDynamite

Comment by DivaDynamite (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I thought it was used to great effect in Blair Witch, it heightened the fear to hear things the camera wasn't showing. and I LOVED Blair Witch, it was a great scary flick.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 10:41 PM on Oct. 28, 2010