Anyone here an "AMA" mama?

I know it's personal, but I was wondering if anyone here was considered "advanced maternal age"? I am 35 and I want more children. I have had difficulties in the past with pregnancies, so it terrifies me. If we do try for more, I'll be 36. I know that more and more women are having children later in life, but I'm still scared. If you have any information, or advice, I'd love to hear it :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had my last at 34 (and 1/2! lol) and I noticed I was definitely more tired that with the first 2, but not so much that I was miserable. Frankly I am more tired now that he is a toddler :) lol There is an increased risk of birth defects, downs syndrome, etc but that is a personal choice that only you can make whether you are willing to take the risks. My sister got remarried at 38, had one baby less than a year later (she was 2 days from being 39) and then another 15 months after that!! So it all depends... Good luck :)
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:38 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• Don't you hate that term? I was 33 with my first and 37 with my second. They were both early and I was high risk both times. I don't see it as a problem. I do know that the second time was rougher on me but everything went fine. If you have any specific concerns, message me.
    ZandCsmom1968

Answer by ZandCsmom1968 at 1:56 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I had one at 19. And will have 2, 3 and maybe 4 at age 35 at least. LOL So, I will be right there with you.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:13 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I will be 36/37 with this next pregnancy. Not only will I be Advanced Maternal Age but I will be a VBA2C and a Grand Mulitgravida! yeah!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 5:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2010