Have you ever been in love with someone that was so right but yet so wrong?

I'm falling in love with someone and we share a wonderful connection. We have a lot in common and have the same interest. It feels like that romance you read in novels. Where there is that spark that speical connection. Here's my problem he's a compulsive liar. He had a rocky past but years later found each other again. I know I should stay away but I never had this connection before. It's not fair for him to be so right but yet so wrong...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Just my two cents.

I knew a guy from years ago, we grew up together actually. Recently met up again and he started courting me, seemed really into me, etc. Well, needless to say that even though I told him what I wasn't looking for, he really became that and a whole lot more. I wasn't sure what he was saying was true since it was early, but he made me feel I could trust him, maybe due to our history, etc. And I let my guard down and went with it. HUGE mistake. He was a compulsive liar (about everything), sociopath, woman-controlling monster. And I think on top of it he was a drinker. I have NEVER in my life encountered a guy as horrible as this and to make it worse, I have the sh*ttiest image of this guy now after all these years of growing up together. And he's a father to 3 daughters. Thinking about him and all of it makes me seriously sick to my stomach. BE CAREFUL, OP! Don't ignore red flags. Lies are lies!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 3:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Yes i have! He was perfect for me in almost every way. Smart, funny, charming and we had so much in common. Yet he was a heavy drinker to the point where it was an issue, I could not deal with that.
    ejkmommy

Answer by ejkmommy at 2:08 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• If he is a liar, then how do you know he is showing you the real him? You could be falling in love with a fraud.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 2:08 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• complusive lair
    yes i have been with those, the last two relationships

as i am not with either anymore
    i do not see the right side of it anymore

being with a lair, is all wrong, when in the relationship, the all right part was made up in my head, becuae when someone is lying to your face all the time, that is not a real relationship, but one person making it seem right with excuses for the lair, swallowing the lies when knowing it was not truth in their sould

so all right and all wrong...no, it is all wrong, and the all right part is just make believe, a pretend life

been there, done that
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• sometimes the good out weighs the bad and sometimes it doesn't. you just have to decide if you think you could live with his lies and accept that.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• if he is a compulsive liar. did you ever think he might be just telling you whatever you wanna hear? just an idea. i would let that go. compulsive liars never really recover in my experience and if i couldnt trust someone i wouldnt let them past my front door let alone into my heart.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I've been there.......it sucks!
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 2:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Yes I have and you already know what you need to do. Separate yourself. You will only end up hurt in the end.
    Mena929

Answer by Mena929 at 3:02 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• OP HERE

I Know he's not lying because we know each other from years ago. It's only now he's a liar. He lies about the dumbest things, like he's trying to impress me. He's story changes constantly
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Oct. 28, 2010