Laundry room??

do you have one is it on first floor or basement?

Mine is in basement not really a laundry room just washer and dryer up against wall.would love room with door on 1st floor

raisingmen

Asked by raisingmen at 2:08 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We had a laundry room in our old house. Now the washer and dryer are in the basement.
    ZandCsmom1968

Answer by ZandCsmom1968 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Yes. It's on the main floor. We don't have a basement or an upstairs.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 2:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Yes it is on the first floor. I would never do laundry if it was in the basement, the basement freaks me out!!
    ejkmommy

Answer by ejkmommy at 2:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• We have a laundry room. It is not in the basement but it is in the bottom level and I have to go up to flights of stairs to get to the bedrooms. We don't have basements in Washington. I love the laundry room though it has an extra bathroom, utility sink and about 20 cabinets and quite a bit of counter space. I am going to miss it when we move.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• We have a room in the basement that is specifically the laundry room. It is walled off, and there's a trap door in the closet above it where we can drop our laundry. The washer, dryer, etc are in there.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:14 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• First floor. Well the only floor because we don't have a basement but I wish we did. I wouldn't be crazy about the washer and dryer being down there though without some kind of chute for dropping laundry down.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• We have the washer and dryer in the downstairs bath. It is really nice not to have it in the basement anymore, I hated lugging laundry up and down the stairs.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Main floor.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• My laundry room CLOSET is on first floor in my kitchen garage door area. Only problem with that is ... it's on main floor and most of laundry comes from upstairs. (No basement) My dining room is usually where the clothes end up until I get them all washed and folded and carried upstairs. (OR IF COMPANY IS COMING OVER THEN I HIDE IT) ha ha ... but I would much rather have it upstairs where all our dirty clothes gets taken off!!!!
    krispy292

Answer by krispy292 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• At my dad's house the "laundry room" was in the basement.  It was just a section of the basement separated by the stairs.  Just concrete and brick and lots of spider webs, lol.

We do have a laundry room in our new house.  It's a small room inside the main bathroom.  Just basically a closet with enough room for a washer on one end and a dryer on the other.  But we don't have a washer or dryer so we're using it to store the kids clothes and my quilting stuff for now.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:59 PM on Oct. 28, 2010