Platinum weddings ... wow, I'm beyond jealous

I'm watching the marathon, because while I love the show, it still makes me insanely jealous to think someone can spend $20,000 just on flower chandaliers, $2000 on a cake, etc etc. While here I am eating every last bit of leftovers, using washclothes to wipe my own ass, use spit up clothes for cleaning rags...you know, saving everywhere possible LOL While I am living a very "green" life I am in awe of how some people spend their money. Before anyone gives me shit for having internet, it's needed and paid for. But I wonder about these million $ weddings, can't you donate to SAFE Houses being shut down all over the country, or things along those lines? And, how on earth did you get to be so well off dropping that kind of money is nothing? Boggles my mind LOL

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 2:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree. Lol. It makes meuber jealous.!
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 2:22 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I won't lie.. it actually makes me feel bad for these people. That they don't realize how incredibly insane it is to spend millions of dollars on a wedding. No amount of money is going to make a good marriage.

NOW, don't get me wrong, I would LOVE if they would donate even 5% of what they spent on their wedding to a fund for my DD's college, but I guess I'll continue to live the poor persons life! :-)
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I don't judge. For all we know, they are donating lots of money to good causes. Besides, the money they spend is entering the economy and paying for the workers and the designers.

Answer by Bmat at 2:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I don't know what show you are watching, but I think a lot of people pay way more than they can afford for weddings.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:21 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Platinum Weddings on WE
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2010