grocery bill-families of 5

How much do you average on grocery shopping montlhy.

arenad

Asked by arenad at 2:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• We are a family of 6 and I spend $400 a month. That includes toiletries and cleaning supplies.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 2:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• We are a family of 4 and are close to $400 a month inclusive of toiletries. However, that is not including fast food that comes out of a different budget catagory.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 2:29 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Oh and my family of 4 is myself, Hubs, and 2 tweenage boys that eat more than Hubs and I put together
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 2:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• We are a family of 4, but our older daughter's boyfriend practically lives here so I end up cooking for 5 most of the time. We spend $700-800 each month on groceries and household items.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Family of four used to be about 500/month including toilitries. Now I'm buying organic and our grocery bill has doubled. We can't afford to eat like that anymore...
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• We are a family of 4, not 5, but I only spend roughly $200-$250 a month on groceries. I shop a little bit at Aldi's for what I don't get at the Farmers Market and what I don't grow. I will get meats like ham and turkey, and once in awhile ground beef, but I buy most chicken and beef organic from a local farmer. I usualy only go to ALdi and Save-A-Lot if I run out of something and have to wait for my order with the farmer. I'll be sad when the farmers market closes for the season this Saturday
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I spend around $700 each month for groceries, toiletries, and cleaning supplies for my family of 5.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:48 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Family of 6, anywhere from $100-$400, NOT including toiletries, cleaners, dog food, etc. I buy cleaning supplies once or twice a year (including laundry detergent, etc) and spend a couple hundred on that - but again, that lasts over half the year. I buy toiletries as needed - which is usually every 2-3 months, another $30, if that.
    Anonymous

• we are a family of 4 and spend $350-400 a month on food.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 7:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 7:11 PM on Oct. 28, 2010