How do I get the smell of urine out of my daughter's carpet. One early morning she peed and didn't tell me so when I found it, it has dried and stinks! Its like berber carpet.

Oh, since I found it hours later I do not know how big the area is...how do I get this taken care of. I do not have the time to rent anything since I am being induced tomorrow so i would like to clean it now.

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• My advice is to pull up that piece of carpet and remove the padding (under), it's probably what holds the smell.. you can cut it off and replace it with a new piece of padding..
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I would spray vinegar in the area of carpet.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• carpet clean it. There is a stain remover that works well, but kind or pricey called "Spot Shot", throw some bounce dryer sheets over the area and leave them, they absorb odors really well.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:33 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I would buy the natures miracle spray...its for animals but its all natural, cuts down the odor and its not too expensive. you can find it at just about any pet store. it's in a red and white bottle. and this stuff should soak down into the padding to get the smell out of there too.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 2:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Use dish soap and water and a rough sponge and scrub.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:39 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• There is a carpet stain remover called floex at Home Depot you can try www.folex.org

You can also try a natural product for removing smells called XO, it's sold on QVC and some stores like wal-mart
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• full strength Pine Sol. Scrub it

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Diluted vinegar or some kind of carpet cleaner. If that doesn't get all of it, maybe rent a steam cleaner?
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• i used ewww its for pet smells but it works and its safe
    zacandparksmom

Answer by zacandparksmom at 2:50 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• You might try carpet cleaner made for pet stains and odors.
    mommasims97

Answer by mommasims97 at 2:56 PM on Oct. 28, 2010